#007 – Your Mindset and You – Part 2 – Stories – with Bruce Watkins
April 9, 2021
In this “Part 2” of a multi-episode “mini-series” of podcast shows, program host Bruce Watkins continues his introduction of Mindsets with two illustrative stories about how a Mindset can help us to create paradigms, and how we may eventually realize that these paradigms can be “terribly wrong.”
Future episodes of the Our Cancer Journey Podcast Mindset Series will explore how our Mindset engages associations and expectations to dramatically shape our future beliefs, and influence our happiness and future health outcomes. Why are we exploring this topic? We are diving into the concept of Mindsets because understanding this space is critical for those facing a Cancer diagnosis and for those supporting them.
Key Discussion Points and Takeaways from this Our Cancer Journey Episode:
- Illustrate the power of a Mindset to create Paradigms
- Introduce the concept of a Paradigm Shift
- Recall times when all of us have experienced inaccurate Paradigms, and the moment we realized that our belief in these Paradigm was not correct
- Introduce the concept that a Paradigm and the true “Us” are separate and different
References and Resources mentioned in this Episode:
- The Our Cancer Journey Podcast official webpage – www.ourcancerjourney.com
- The video mentioned in this episode of Stephen R. Covey telling his Paradigm Shift Story (at the 6:00 minute mark) – https://youtu.be/w5XpMg53K4c
- Send Your Feedback and Suggestions to – https://www.ourcancerjourney.com/contact/
- Listen to episode #006 – Part 1 of the “Your Mindset and You” mini-podcast series!
- Apple Podcast – https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/our-cancer-journey-podcast/id1538463804?i=1000515523557
- Spotify – https://open.spotify.com/episode/3dXdaWdhjJWVXHbx0NX1JN?si=D_b4ioOvQa-lxkdOzXJGwQ
- Google Podcast –https://podcasts.google.com/feed/aHR0cHM6Ly9mZWVkcy5yZWRjaXJjbGUuY29tLzFjYTA2YmM3LWI0MTctNGZkMS1hYTEzLWQ0YzI2ODhhYjYyNA
- On the OurCancerJourney.com webpage: https://www.ourcancerjourney.com/2021/04/02/006-your-mindset-and-you-part-1-with-bruce-watkins/
Episode Host: Bruce Watkins
A Father, Cancer survivor, podcaster, writer & content creator, speaker, voice-over artist, facilitator/moderator, traveler, cultural explorer, humanitarian, giving-back & minimalist evangelist, music enthusiast, former Corporate people leader, and curious soul who transformed into an unapologetically optimistic and unpretentious advocate of Life-Optimization for all.
After surviving Cancer and other life-changing experiences in 2017, Bruce gave away most of his possessions, left his home behind and began traveling, writing, volunteering, and giving-back. Learn more:
Follow Our Facebook Page:
Subscribe for Free to the OCJ Newsletter:
Check out Our Official Webpage:
Request to Subscribe/Follow, Review and Ratings – Please help us share this information!
A top aim of the Our Cancer Journey Podcast is to help share valuable information with those impacted by Cancer, their caregivers and their loved ones. Your positive ratings, show reviews (on Apple Podcasts), and especially your personal recommendations and sharing of our show with others, are the most effective ways you can help us get the important information about Survivorship out to those that need it! So please subscribe, rate, review and share the Our Cancer Journey Podcast, our website and our Facebook page with friends and in your social media.
Thanks for Listening! With Gratitude, The Our Cancer Journey Podcast Team.
Feedback and Subscribe
FEEDBACK: We’d Enjoy Hearing Your Feedback! Click Here to submit a message to the Our Cancer Journey Podcast.
SUBSCRIBE to our NEWSLETTER: Sign up to get on the Our Cancer Journey mailing list. We do not sell our subscribers’ information and will do our best to send meaningful information without “spammy” noise. We Promise! Click here and scroll down the page to the Subscribe button.
Thanks! The OCJ Team
Content Advisory Note:
The content of the Our Cancer Journey Podcast with Bruce Watkins, our website, and of all other associated media forms is provided for informational, inspirational, and entertainment purposes only, and is not intended as medical advice. The information shared in our content and the views expressed by the hosts and guests of the program are their own. The Our Cancer Journey podcast with Bruce Watkins, its related media, and Fairlead Media do not suggest or intend that information or opinions shared in these media should or must replace the relationship you have with your chosen healthcare professional(s) and practitioner(s). The mention of any product, service, organization, activity, or therapy on a podcast should not be construed as an endorsement. If paid or free promotional content is included during the podcast or within other media, such content will be separated into its own unique promotional spot or mention.