The Our Cancer Journey Podcast
Strategies to Optimize Life and Enhance Cancer Survivorship
The Our Cancer Journey Podcast is a place for those impacted by Cancer, their caregivers, and their loved ones. Together we explore ways we can optimize our lives through the experiences of diagnosis, treatments and beyond into the future of Survivorship.
We explore ways to help YOU feel better, live happier, expand your self-empowerment, and enhance your life experience. It is more than a podcast about medicine, or even Cancer.
Subscribe and Follow
Listen to the Podcast
In this "Part 2” of a multi-episode “mini-series” of podcast shows, program host Bruce Watkins continues his introduction of Mindsets with two illustrative stories about how a Mindset can help us to create paradigms, and how we may eventually realize that these paradigms can be “terribly wrong.”
Future episodes of the Our Cancer Journey Podcast Mindset Series will explore how our Mindset engages associations and expectations to dramatically shape our future beliefs, and influence our happiness and future health outcomes. Why are we exploring this topic? We are diving into the concept of Mindsets because understanding this space is critical for those facing a Cancer diagnosis and for those supporting them.
Be sure to Listen to episode #006 – Part 1 of the “Your Mindset and You” mini-podcast series!
Key Discussion Points and Takeaways from this Our Cancer Journey Episode:
- Illustrate the power of a Mindset to create Paradigms
- Introduce the concept of a Paradigm Shift
- Recall times when all of us have experienced inaccurate Paradigms, and the moment we realized that our belief in these Paradigm was not correct
- Introduce the concept that a Paradigm and the true “Us” are separate and different
References and Resources mentioned in this Episode:
- The Our Cancer Journey Podcast official webpage – www.ourcancerjourney.com
- The video mentioned in this episode of Stephen R. Covey telling his Paradigm Shift Story (at the 6:00 minute mark) – https://youtu.be/w5XpMg53K4c
- Send Your Feedback and Suggestions to – https://www.ourcancerjourney.com/contact/
- Listen to episode #006 – Part 1 of the “Your Mindset and You” mini-podcast series!
- Apple Podcast – https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/our-cancer-journey-podcast/id1538463804?i=1000515523557
- Spotify – https://open.spotify.com/episode/3dXdaWdhjJWVXHbx0NX1JN?si=D_b4ioOvQa-lxkdOzXJGwQ
- Google Podcast –https://podcasts.google.com/feed/aHR0cHM6Ly9mZWVkcy5yZWRjaXJjbGUuY29tLzFjYTA2YmM3LWI0MTctNGZkMS1hYTEzLWQ0YzI2ODhhYjYyNA
- On the OurCancerJourney.com webpage: https://www.ourcancerjourney.com/2021/04/02/006-your-mindset-and-you-part-1-with-bruce-watkins/
Episode Host: Bruce Watkins
Father, Cancer survivor, podcaster, writer & content creator, traveler, music lover, recovering Corporate employee, humanitarian, giving-back evangelist, minimalist, and now an unexpected and unapologetically curious, optimistic and occasionally irreverent advocate of Life-Optimization for All. Learn more:
Help us share this information – Please Follow/Subscribe, Rate, And Review our Podcast!
A top aim of the Our Cancer Journey Podcast is to help share valuable information with those impacted by Cancer, their caregivers and their loved ones.
Following/Subscribing to our show and writing positive reviews on your podcast app helps listeners to discover this program. Please also share the Our Cancer Journey Podcast, our website and our Facebook page with others.
Our Website: www.ourcancerjourney.com
Our Facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com/ourcancerjourneypodcast
With Gratitude, the OCJ Podcast team!
Learn More and Subscribe for the OCJ Newsletter at: www.ourcancerjourney.com
Meet Bruce Watkins, Your Podcast Host
After surviving his encounter with cancer several years ago, Bruce gave up his conventional life, left his home, gave away most of his possessions, and began traveling, writing, and sharing stories of beauty, human connection, and giving back.
Bruce’s desire to support others led him to create the Our Cancer Journey Podcast to help those impacted by Cancer, their caregivers, and their loved ones. His unique outlook and approach provide a new, accessible, and relatable voice to the Cancer Community.